Patient Participation Group
The Aims of the Patient Participation Group
- To offer opinions in a constructive manner and to put forward ideas on behalf of other patients.
- To improve the provision of health care.
- To improve communication between surgery, patients and the wider community about matters concerning the surgery and health in general.
- To provide assistance in development of new services.
- To encourage a spirit of self help and support amongst patients to improve their health and social care.
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
Getting Your View
In 2011 we set up a Patient Reference Group following the Government proposal to develop new methods of gaining patient opinions. The main aim of the group is to allow patient representatives and the practice to share positive ideas/suggestions via email and plan topics of mutual interest in order to continue to improve the service we deliver.
Our Patient Reference Group is representative of the patients registered at the Practice. This involved us contacting a variety of patients in different age groups, gender, ethnicity, students, employment status, disabilities. A poster was also displayed on the patient notice board.
We communicate with our patient reference group at least every quarter via email. We will ask the members of this group some questions from time to time, such as what you think about our opening hours or the quality of the care or service. If you would like to be part of this group please complete the online form below.